Monday, November 22, 2010

I have been leading a life with no head and tail. Lazy and dis organised as my mom say, but for me its just that i'm trying to figure out where i started and where i'm going to end. So my journey of thought start from the time i think about me, sitting in my car with my friend going to school for my 12th exam. We had a white paper stuck on the front of my car, which read in block letters 'EXAM URGENT'. No sense but ,yes we had bandh in Kerala.


I had my physics exam. I had my physics text book,which i opened for the first and last look. I realised all i read, was what i heard in class from my teacher and my text books and notes are just for sake. I saw my friend sitting next to me busy going through the pages in hurry.
I kept my cool as always and soon exams were over. I'm a very bad actor , but the only time i try attempting that talent is when my results approach. Results came and i had first class when my mom had a big sigh of relief(smiles). I had many people in my family asking me why a first class only? I smiled at them. I had all reasons to feel low when they attended me with ignominy,but i happily ignored them. Well yes i never worked hard or sat down with my books. If i did that i could have scored much more. All i did was thanked god and my little brain for giving me more than my efforts.

Then came the college days. Once you see the hue and cry the parents and students make, for getting into engineering and medicine, you would actually think there's no one better than a doctor and engineer by profession. Neither i was interested in it nor i wanted to be a part of the crowd. I kept thinking what i would excel in my life. Once again parents choice falls in place for me and i proceed to Cochin for my degree in business administration. To my surprise,i really did good, among the commerce students specially for mathematics,which i usually hate. I did great in all subjects except accounting, eventhough i liked my sir. That was dissapointing for me as i could not impress him, ahemm... As usual im very active in all extra curricular activities happening and my small popularity and fondness among seniors and classmates, encouraged me to stand up for elections in my college which was coming up after few months. Was pretty exciting.

But as days passed by, my question of what next for me ,kept ticking. I'm doing good here,but i kept thinking whether this was my field for my future. Studies and management books started to bore me and made no sense. I wanted to start working. Being a libran, i knew i was creative and thought of fields and courses from that point.
Mom was definitely against ,but yes i was not happy with what she opted for me either.
I closed my ears to do what i wanted to,and to earn it. My dream of flying was what i earned out of it. I got selected for Cabin Crew from Cochin for Jet Airways among thousands of people who attended the interview.
I took my first flight to Mumbai to live my dream and i recieved commendation of doing what i wanted from my mom and friends. All happened in a months time and i put myself as one among the blessed.

Yes its the same feeling of me thinking that i'm blessed by god , is why i lead a simple life now.
No doubt, i definitely have my part of fun, but i would not take my blessings for granted.
Well now i have reached here,excelling in my work and awaiting my next promotion, i still think what brought me here and what would happen with me tomorrow. That does give me a murky thought on my life.. but the truth is there's much more left...